CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Reasonable vs. Unreasonable??

So I got upset at the boyfriend last night. He does this thing every once in a while and it really bothers me. Ok, here's what happened. I stayed home from work yesterday, and ended up sleeping till 4:30 in the afternoon. My intention was to go in late rather than not go in at all but I just couldn't get out of bed. I had actually gone to sleep really early the evening before so all in all I got about 21 hours of sleep. But I have a lot of paperwork to do for my city that is due Friday so I sent a text to the boyfriend and asked him if I could go over and use his table to write up some stuff, since I don't have one at my place. He works evenings, 2:30pm-10:30pm if I hadn't gotten that across before. He said sure so I got my stuff together and went over. I figured I would be spending the night so I got some PJ's and some clothes to wear to work today. Well, a couple hours later I got a text saying he wanted to kick me out before he got home because he had work to do and I'd be too much of a distraction. God it pisses me off when he does that. It has happened once or twice before. I made a remark back, then I just told him I'd be out by ten. Often I have things I'd like to tell him about, discuss our days, etc, and he'll do something like that. I guess it hurts my feelings slightly as well, because I can't believe I'm that demanding when I'm around him. I've listened and seen the way some other women talk to their significant others and I KNOW I'm not that demanding. Another large part of what bothers me is that we have talked seriously about living together when his lease is up in March, and he's not going to be able to have "nights off" from me when that happens.

So anyway after working for about an hour I went home, and slacked at home like I always do. We ended up talking on a messenger through the video game we both play (yes, we're nerds) and discussing some stuff. He told me he did want to see me but I am pretty demanding when we're together, and although he loves it he needed to get things done. I told him I'm really not that demanding, he needs to think about the times when I fade into the background when his friends are around and do my own thing and pretty much let him be. I told him if he'd just let me be there on those nights he had other things to do I could be the same way. I also told him that maybe it was HIM who had the problem when I was around, wanting to be with me instead of work, not because I demanded it. I hate that word. DEMANDING. Toward the beginning of the conversation he said something about if we live together we should get a two bedroom place so the second room could be his "den." I basically said I didn't like that idea. The second room can be for both of our computers/work stuff, and we can feel free to shut one another out if the other needs to get something done. He said he knew that was a better idea and he was selfish about this stuff a lot, the 'alone' time and stuff. He actually said something about a fear of commitment last night, which I didn't realize he had and it scared me a little. But I think it was moreso a fear of moving in together and no longer having the personal space. If he's not ready, he's not ready. We have a few months. Sorry, this is a bunch of rambling about my relationship. But is it unreasonable for me to get upset about this stuff? I know he cares and he's a good guy but I think it's like my mom says...all men are selfish on some level.

3 comments:

Jules AF said...

Demanding? Well, that's just sad. Boo boyfriend.

Alicia said...

Sorry you are going through that! I could see where your feeling were hurt. But I agree IF yall are going to live together he needs to learn how to do his work with you there...

Furry Bottoms said...

Och! That would have hurt my feelings, definitely. If your going move in together, he is going to have to learn to deal with it.

Personal Space can get a little sticky. If he feels like his personal space is being invaded by you, there might be something wrong with the picture there.

Keep us posted! I hope everything works out.