CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Conclusion I've Reached

Most of the subjects of my posts have to do with wanting to leave work, or dreading going to work. Pretty sad huh? I really don't hate my job. I've had a job or two I hated and this isn't one of them. But I don't love my job. I think very few people do though. I wish I had a job I loved. But I don't even know what I'd love to do. So there's a predicament right there. I think most of us get burnt out though. I read an article on Yahoo a while back that said people in the US, on average, work more than most other countries...well, industrialized ones anyway. We even work more than the Japanese, who are often seen as work-aholics. Could this contribute to why so many of us would rather go sit on the couch and watch TV at night instead of go for walks? We are worn out and feeling lazy from working so much? If we had to work less, would we want to be physically active more? Who knows? Maybe I should've went to grad school for sociology...this is something we might research.

Well crap, I better go. Looks like I might have messed something up in billing. Just received an email from a city. Repeat to self "I like my job, I like my job."

2 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

Your job is awesome, your job is awesome... what? I'm just trying to help you with your mantra... you like your job... you like your job.... oh Jill is out sick today and I LOVE my job today!!! Only today though!

meliss3092 said...

LOL, thanks. I'm glad to have someone out there supporting me. :) And I'm glad you have a break from the stress of the boss today.