CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 23, 2009

As Good as it Gets

My brain is totally random most of the time. I'll be able to link the strangest things together. I don't know if I've become this way as I've gotten older or if I've always been this way. Could it be a form of ADD? I don't know. It's certainly not ADHD. I am FAR from hyperactive. Anyway, case in point. I just bought some noodle salad from the lady that comes through and sells items in the lunch room. I was hungry, it looked decent and I haven't had a salad like that in a while. Well, it got me thinking about the movie "As Good as it Gets". Why, do you ask? Because of this little area of the movie-

Carol Connelly: OK, we all have these terrible stories to get over, and you-...
Melvin Udall: It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good.

Yes, the fact that I had some noodle salad made me think of this movie. Well, and the fact that I love this line. I think it may apply to me. I do sometimes get pissed that others had/have it better. But then something horrible will happen to someone, whether it is someone I am close to or someone I don't even know, and it usually puts me in check and I'll quit it for a while. I think one of my issues isn't that my life doesn't have any "pretty stories"...it's that I'm just so much better at focusing on the other ones. And some of the nice ones I don't even remember. Hmm...there is more to this, but I really should work. To be continued...

0 comments: