CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Toilet Runneth Over

Yes, you read that correctly. My toilet overflowed last night. Not once, but twice. *sigh* It was not a good way to end my work day on a Monday. Well, on any day for that matter. I've never had that happen to me before. The first time I just looked at it in horror and had no idea what to do. It was only water, but it was A LOT of water. I only have two towels so I immediately got them but they were nowhere near enough to take care of the mess. All I could think is "I want my Mommy" or "my Grandpa would know what to do!" Yes, it was traumatic.

Right after that the lady I live with (it is really her place, I just pay rent to live there) got home and I told her what was happening. Luckily she owns a ton of towels and gave them to me to use. After using about ten(!) it was reasonably cleaned up. She told me to try plunging and flushing again. Well, guess what? It started overflowing again. I held the plug down inside the tank so it didn't overflow as much but it still did a good amount. This time I used a fleece blanket, of all things, to do cleanup because I was running out of options. I told her it didn't work and I would pay for a plumber or something because I was not trying it again. She said she hated for me to have to do that because it was expensive but she had a number. Then she said she would do it because it's her place and it's not my fault it happened. I said I'd at least pay half because it's at least somewhat my fault. A few minutes later she said after she ate and went to the store she'd give it a go before resorting to a plumber. I said that was fine and I was going to go to the boyfriend's house to wash the towels. I wanted to get the hell out of there before more overflow happened. Oh, and when I was cleaning up the second time, it started making gurgling noises and THEN I thought to turn off the water source...smart cookie I am.

Dragging soaking wet towels in garbage bags is not a fun task, but I was glad to go over to his place and get out of there. It took me a few hours to wash and dry all the towels, the blanket, and the bathroom rug so that wasn't part of my evening plan either. I was sitting at his place when I received a call from her. She told me she got it fixed, it just needed to be plunged one more time. I said thank you, I'm very grateful and I'm sorry about the mess. She said it was fine and I had to do the hard part anyway. Yeah, I guess so. But I'm still scared to death to flush that toilet. But at least my brain tells me to go to the water source now. Yes, I'm getting a little too detailed now. What can I say, I got a lot less sleep due to the fact that my evening didn't go exactly as planned...zzz...

0 comments: