CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Quit Your Bitching

As you can tell by reading this, I bitch a lot. About myself, others, and life in general. But I try to do it quietly and/or in a place it won't affect others. Well, there are some women I work near who are constantly bitching. And they are much too loud for my taste. But anytime anyone is too loud for them the one will go "shh!" All the coworkers who sit right next to me wear headphones, if that's any indication of how loud it can get. Well today I got to work late, which happens more often than it should lately, but anyway...I have a city due tomorrow, and when contracts expire for the city and the city didn't cancel them you have to extend them before the previous day's cities bill or the contracts are gone and you have to duplicate them all. Therefore when there are only one or two we usually wait to turn them in till early afternoon even if they are done to make sure everyone has the stuff for the next day done. I got here at 10am, and it was the first thing I was going to do today when I got here. Granted, I planned on getting here by eight, but still. The minute I started to put contract numbers in it wouldn't let me extend them. Those in charge had already turned the only one due today over to be processed. They are supposed to go around and ask before they do so, to make sure everyone has the stuff done for the next day. And unless it gets late and someone is really slacking, they're supposed to wait a bit if someone needs the time. Well, the main boss found out what happened and emailed to tell them to make sure to check from now on. Well, quiet duo that they are (sarcasm), I heard them start bitching immediately about how people should have their stuff done and if not to let them know and blah blah blah. I think I even heard my name, which is really dumb considering how close I sit. How can they (mainly one of them) not realize how loud they are? The other one said well if I have such and such city done I can't believe others don't have theirs done and blah blah blah. Well, I guess I see her point there because all I hear is SOCIALIZING from over there all the time so it is pretty amazing. Ok, back to work. Grrr.

2 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

Its really interesting to hear how it works over there, on the OTHER side. I only know how it works on my side... us waiting for billing logs to be turned in and unapplied cash to be applied and all that crap. People really annoy me too! Can you wear headphones too?

Anonymous said...

People have all kinds of obnoxious coworkers, that's for sure. It sounds like you know how to handle things.

Secretia