CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 8, 2010

The Best Days

I'll start off by saying I'm still getting flowers! Can you believe it? He wants to get me flowers every day until Valentine's Day. When he said the roses represented "the past" he meant that the flowers each day are meant to convey two years of my life...14 days in February multiplied by two and there you have it, my age. So I still have a few more days of flowers to go. I'm not sure if anything is happening on Valentine's Day itself or not. I don't know what I should get him. Originally I thought we were going to keep it low-key but now I'm getting extremely spoiled. What do you get a man for Valentine's day?

Anyway, that's not what this post is supposed to be about. Hmm, I'm not sure how to start. I guess I think a lot about how much I love the boyfriend and he has definitely changed my life for the better. I had a low point in my life before meeting him...my self-esteem has never been good and it still isn't but I think it bottomed out due to various things that had happened in 2008, including job-loss and romantic rejection. Despite a lot of the complaints on here about small things I am much happier right now than I have been at other times. However, I still can't quite say I experienced the "best days of my life" so far with him...let me explain what I think these are.

The best days of my life happened one week a few years ago. I went to Japan, stayed in Narita (near Tokyo) and visited a guy I had been dating off and on for a while. We dated off and on through 2008, really, but that's another story. Anyway, I have a bad memory so I don't remember a lot of details about the trip. And no, it's not from drinking. I think I may have gotten tipsy from sake once. But it was so carefree...being on the other side of the world where I knew no one but him, having absolutely no responsibilities, no one to keep track of me. And well, we were completely in lust with one another at the time too so that was part of it. And honestly so far I think those were the best days of my life. I want to have a carefree trip like that with the boyfriend so I can say that time was with him. Because I love my time with him, and some carefree time with him would be even better! I'd love to be able to say the best days were with him, and I'm sure I will be able to at some point. I have a feeling I'll always remember that trip to Japan fondly though...

4 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

Sometimes... the best days aren't realized until much later. 2 years from now, you may look back and say OH those were really good days with the boyfriend...

Where did you meet him, by the way?

meliss3092 said...

eHarmony. :P

Jules AF said...

awww flowers? I want flowers. sigh

Dutch Sugar Babe said...

You have a very sweet boyfriend. Cherish these days together.