CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 14, 2009

Finances Suck

No, not a creative title. The last apartment I lived in turned into filth after my best friend moved out and her younger brother started taking it over and having his early 20's friends take it over. The carpet was totally dirty...garbage everywhere...gross dishes..and they'd smoke pot in the living room more than once a day. Well, we finally got to move out and I knew they would charge us for damages. But their parents were in town the night before and helped the brother clean the place up and said it was in decent shape so I thought it wouldn't be so bad. The mom is a clean freak. So we got the statement in the mail a month ago. They are charging us $619!!!! And that is after taking out the $250 deposit. Insane amount of money, and certainly something we can't afford to pay. I'm the only one working and I don't exactly make the big bucks, especially compared to my bills. I finally called today because I'm always the one elected to take care of things for some reason and they've turned us over to collections. I called the collections place about making payment arrangements and they said sure, how much can you pay today? I said $50 and the lady said screw you, pretty much. It HAS TO be $200 or they may turn it over to the credit bureau soon. I asked her where I was supposed to pull $200 out of, not that she cared. She kept saying "well, we can post-date it till the end of the month." Do you think I'll get an inheritance by the end of the month? Even if my jerk father died he has no money. That sounds mean, sorry. This was not a good way to start my Friday. My mom offered to loan me $200 to pay my portion and I guess I'm taking her up on it, even though she bails me out more often than I can count. This doesn't mean that the other two will pay up I suppose. I know them well enough to believe(?) they will try. I also believe HE should be the main one paying, but I'm not aggressive enough to tell him that, or start trouble with the family because I am close to them. But my credit is really good even if I do live paycheck to paycheck, and I don't want this screwing it up! GRRRR.

1 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

You're lucky that you have somebody that CAN help you out in touch times like these... my mom has saved my hide on more occasions than I can count... I feel more and more guilty about it and try to avoid situations where it might happen but it doesnt always work that way. I hope your roommate and her brother pay up because if they don't they might come after you... so you can go to these people the apt people and say hey, here is my share. please take my name off the lease. So that any remainig balance owed they will know its them not you. Better safe than sorry? I've been thru this before.